(Originally Captured: 12/11/2010)
The Screen Capture function in Weather Defender allows you to capture significant weather events in real-time and archive them on your computer for future reference. Screen Captures can be taken at any dimension, provided your computer has enough horsepower to generate them. The above image was captured at 3200 x 2400 pixels (72in x 33in).
How to take Screen Captures
- Position (pan/zoom) your map and turn on weather/geographic layers you want visible
- Click the Map toolbar, then click Screenshot (or press F10)
- A Settings window will pop-up which allows you to modify some basic settings before saving
- Modify the settings as desired and click Save
Capturing at Timed-Intervals
If you wish to take screen captures at regular intervals so you may archive weather imagery while away from your computer, you may do so using the Screen Capture advanced settings:
- Click the Map toolbar, then click the drop-down arrow under the Screenshot button
- Click Capture Settings
- On the Settings panel, click the Timed Captures tab:
- Here you will find a complete menu of options for capturing screenshots on a timed-interval, including:
- Interval in minutes
- Image size
- Save-to folder
- Filename and format
- Modify settings as desired
- Click OK
- Finally, click Map > Screenshot Drop-down menu > Start Timed Captures
Want to try Weather Defender again? Go ahead!
Click here for another free trial!