New precipitation forecast layers in Weather Defender give you the ability to predict rainfall up to 7 days out. Quantitative Precipitation Forecast predicts the total amount of expected liquid precipitation in a given forecast period.
The following periods are now available:
- Day 1: 0-24 hours from present
- Day 2: 24-48 hours
- Day 3: 48-72 hours
- Days 4-5: Multi-day forecast covering 72-120 hours from present
- Days 6-7: Multi-day forecast covering 120-168 hours
- Days 1-7: Multi-day forecast covering 0-168 hours (the entire next week)
Here is a screenshot of Day 1-7 Forecast taken today (looks like it will be very wet in New England):
Using the new layers is simple. Just navigate to the Forecast section of the Layer Browser and scroll until you see the Precipitation layers listed (see below).
Click Add to Map under the layer(s) you wish to add. As with all layer functionality in Weather Defender, the Precipitation Forecast layers will automatically update at regular intervals.
Lock-in our Season Pass discount price and save over $130. Access real-time weather and live radar updates during the most active severe weather season -- March through August.
WEATHER DEFENDER® provides you real-time weather data in a simple, easy-to-use interface that gives you unprecented control over every emergency weather situation:
- Track Tornadoes in advance of touchdown with TVS and Mesocyclone signatures
- Predict the path and ETA of Severe Thunderstorms with 1-hour Storm Tracks
- Respond to the aftermath of storm devastation with up-to-the-minute Storm Damage Reports
PLUS: Customize your map with hundreds of weather data layers and unlimited GIS-compatible shapefiles. Track the weather you want, where you want it.
Click Here to View Details & Pricing
Don't delay.. Sale ends Wednesday, March 20th!
Take advantage of our newest enhancements to Weather Defender with Flood Tracking layers:
- Current River Depths & Flood Stages
- Forecasted Flood Heights & River Crests
- Nationwide Flood Outlook
Don't be caught off guard this Spring! If you live in flood-prone areas, or would simply like real-time access to critical weather intelligence, these Flood Tracking Layers will be a valuable addition to your toolkit.
These new layers are available to all existing customers at no additional charge. ($99 value) -- today only!
- Make sure your map is unlocked
- Click the Map tab > Add Layers button
- Find the Category labeled Flood Layers
- Select the layer you want and click Add to Map
After the layer is added to your map, it will automatically update.