Expanding on our previous posting concerning High Resolution Screen Captures, Weather Defender has a feature that allows you to capture screenshots at prescribed intervals. These can be saved to a folder on your hard drive for future viewing, archiving, or even to combine into a custom animation as shown here to watch major weather events as they unfold.
The animation shown here was captured during the major winter storm that affected 30 states at the beginning of this month.
The steps to setup timed captures are very simple:
1. Open the map you wish to view
2. Go to Map at the top
3. Go to Screenshot and hit the down arrow
4. Select Capture Settings
5. You can now set things like:
- How often to capture
- Where to store the images
- Resolution of the images
6. Once you've selected your settings, select OK
7. Under Map and Screencapture again, select Start Timed Captures
You're now off and running. The files will be stored to the directory of your choice as can be seen here: